How To Make Money Online In Nigeria As A Student? Earning money online as a student in Nigeria is a great way to make extra cash, gain valuable experience, and build your resume.
There are a number of ways on how to make money online in Nigeria as a student, from completing surveys to freelancing and more.
Let’s take a look at some of the best options for students in Nigeria. Are you ready?
How To Make Money Online In Nigeria As A Student
Here are some of the many ways on how to make money online in Nigeria as a student only if you are not a fan of taking student loan in Nigeria or a lazy type:
If you have any skills or expertise that you can offer to businesses or individuals, you can freelance online.
There are a number of freelance marketplaces where you can find work, such as Upwork, Fiverr, and Freelancer.com.
You can offer a variety of services, such as writing, editing, graphic design, web development, and social media management.
Here are step by step guide on how to Make money online in Nigeria as a student:
- Choose a skill or service to offer. What are you good at? What services can you offer that businesses or individuals need? Some popular freelance services include writing, editing, graphic design, web development, social media management, and virtual assistance.
- Create a profile on freelance marketplaces. There are a number of freelance marketplaces where you can find work, such as Upwork, Fiverr, and Freelancer.com. When creating your profile, be sure to highlight your skills and experience, and include a portfolio of your work.
- Bid on projects. Once you’ve created a profile, you can start bidding on projects. Be sure to read the project descriptions carefully and submit proposals that are tailored to the specific needs of the client.
- Deliver high-quality work. Once you’ve been awarded a project, be sure to deliver high-quality work on time and within budget. This will help you to build a good reputation and attract more clients in the future.
- Get paid. Once you’ve completed a project, you’ll typically be paid through the freelance marketplace that you used. Be sure to check the payment terms carefully before accepting a project
2. Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate marketing is a way to make money by promoting other people’s products or services.
When you refer a customer to a company, you earn a commission on any sales they make.
There are a number of affiliate networks that you can join, such as ShareASale, Amazon Associates, and ClickBank.
Here’s a step by step guide on how to make money online in Nigeria as a student:
- Choose a niche. What are you passionate about? What do you know a lot about? Choose a niche that you can create content for and promote products or services related to.
- Find affiliate programs to join. There are many affiliate programs available, both in Nigeria and internationally. Some popular ones include Jumia Affiliate Program, Konga Affiliate Program, and Expertnaire.
- Create content that promotes your affiliate products or services. This could include blog posts, articles, videos, social media posts, etc. Make sure your content is informative and engaging, and that it includes your affiliate links.
- Drive traffic to your content. You can do this through social media, search engine optimization (SEO), paid advertising, or other methods.
- Make sales and earn commissions. When someone clicks on your affiliate link and makes a purchase, you will earn a commission.
3. Online Tutoring
If you’re good at a particular subject, you can offer online tutoring services. There are a number of platforms where you can find students to tutor, such as VIPKid, Chegg Tutors, and Tutor.com.
To make money online in Nigeria with online tutoring, you can follow these steps:
- Choose a subject or skill to tutor. This should be something that you are knowledgeable and passionate about.
- Create a profile on an online tutoring platform. There are a number of platforms to choose from, such as Chegg Tutors, Tutor.com, and VIPKid.
- Set your rates and availability.
- Market your services. You can do this through social media, networking, and cold outreach.
- Deliver high-quality tutoring sessions. This is the most important step, as it will lead to positive reviews and repeat business.
If you’re passionate about a particular topic, you can start a blog and monetize it through advertising, affiliate marketing, or selling your own products or services.
To make money online in Nigeria with blogging, you will need to:
- Choose a niche: What are you passionate about? What do you know a lot about? Choose a niche that you can write about with authority and enthusiasm.
- Set up a blog: There are many different blogging platforms available, such as WordPress, Blogger, and Squarespace. Choose a platform that is easy to use and has the features you need.
- Write high-quality content: Your content is the most important part of your blog. Make sure you are writing informative, engaging, and helpful articles.
- Promote your blog: Share your blog posts on social media, submit them to directories, and guest post on other blogs.
- Monetize your blog: There are a number of different ways to monetize a blog, such as advertising, affiliate marketing, and selling products or services.
5. Virtual Assistant
Virtual assistants provide administrative, technical, or creative assistance to clients from a remote location. If you have good organizational skills and computer skills, you can become a virtual assistant.
To make money online in Nigeria with virtual assistant, you can follow these steps:
- Develop your skills and expertise. As a virtual assistant, you will need to have a variety of skills and expertise, such as administrative skills, computer skills, and communication skills. You may also want to specialize in a particular industry, such as real estate or e-commerce.
- Create a profile and start networking. Once you have the necessary skills and expertise, you can create a profile on freelance marketplaces and social media platforms. You can also start networking with potential clients and other virtual assistants.
- Market your services. Let potential clients know about the services you offer and how you can help them. You can do this through your online profile, social media, and networking.
- Deliver high-quality services. Once you land a client, it is important to deliver high-quality services. This will help you build a good reputation and attract more clients in the future.
6. Online Survey
There are a number of websites and apps where you can earn money by completing surveys and microtasks, such as watching videos, clicking on ads, and transcribing audio.
To make money online in Nigeria with online surveys, you can follow these steps:
1. Sign up for multiple survey sites. This will give you more opportunities to take surveys and earn money. Some popular survey sites for Nigerians include:
- MOBROG Nigeria
2. Complete your profile. This will help the survey sites match you with surveys that are relevant to your demographics and interests.
3. Check for new surveys regularly. Most survey sites will send you email notifications when new surveys are available. You can also log in to your account and check for new surveys manually.
4. Qualify for surveys. Before you can start taking a survey, you will need to qualify for it. This typically involves answering a few questions about your demographics and interests.
5. Answer surveys honestly and thoughtfully. The better you answer the surveys, the more likely you are to be invited to take more surveys in the future.
6. Redeem your rewards. Once you have earned enough points or money, you can redeem your rewards for cash, gift cards, or other prizes.
7. Drop shipping
Dropshipping is a business model where you sell products online without having to carry any inventory.
When a customer places an order, you simply contact your supplier and they will ship the product directly to the customer.
This is a great business model for students because it is low-cost and easy to start.
To make money online in Nigeria as a student with dropshipping, you can follow these steps:
1. Choose a niche. What kind of products do you want to sell? It is important to choose a niche that you are passionate about and that has a demand. Some popular dropshipping niches in Nigeria include:
- Home and garden
- Health and beauty
- Toys and games
2. Find reliable suppliers. There are a number of dropshipping suppliers that you can find online. Some popular dropshipping suppliers for Nigerians include:
3. Set up an online store. You can use a platform like Shopify or WooCommerce to set up your online store. These platforms are easy to use and offer a variety of features, such as payment processing and shipping integration.
4. Add products to your store. Once you have set up your online store, you need to add products to it. You can do this by importing products from your suppliers or by adding products manually.
5. Promote your store. Once your store is up and running, you need to promote it to potential customers. You can do this through social media, search engine optimization (SEO), and paid advertising.
6. Process orders. When a customer places an order, you need to process it by contacting your supplier and providing them with the customer’s shipping information. Your supplier will then ship the product directly to the customer.
FAQs On How To Make Money Online In Nigeria As A Student?
Q: How much money can students make online in Nigeria?
A: The amount of money that students can make online in Nigeria varies depending on the method they choose, their skills, and the amount of time they put in. However, it is possible to make a significant amount of money online, even as a student.
Q: Do I need any experience to make money online in Nigeria?
A: Some online jobs, such as freelancing and tutoring, require some experience. However, there are also many online jobs that do not require any experience, such as online surveys and microtasks.
Q: How can I find online jobs in Nigeria?
A: There are a number of websites and apps where you can find online jobs in Nigeria. Some popular websites include:
- Chegg Tutors
- Amazon Associates
You can also find online jobs by searching for “online jobs in Nigeria” on Google.
Q: How can I get paid for online jobs in Nigeria as a student?
A: There are a number of ways to get paid for online jobs in Nigeria. Some popular methods include:
- Local bank transfer
Here are some additional tips for students who want to make money online in Nigeria:
- Focus on your strengths and interests. When choosing an online job, focus on something that you are good at and that you enjoy doing. This will make it easier to succeed and earn money.
- Be organized and disciplined. It is important to be organized and disciplined when working online. This will help you to manage your time effectively and meet deadlines.
- Be patient and consistent. It takes time and effort to build a successful online business. Don’t get discouraged if you don’t see results immediately. Just keep working hard and you will eventually achieve your goals.
So there you have it! These are some of the best ways for students in Nigeria to earn money online.
Whether you’re looking to make some extra cash or build your career, there’s an opportunity for you.
Just remember to do your research and stay safe online. With hard work and dedication, you can make your goals a reality.