The Nigeria Police Force has released 9 important facts the citizens needs to know about the duties and responsibilities of the newly formed SWAT unit.
Recall after Special Weapons and Tactics squad, SWAT, was created to replace SARS, Nigerian went out to protest for it to be dissolved too.
Nigerians were of the opinion that the same disbanded SARS officials may likely be the ones to form the new unit.
Following this, the Nigeria Police spokesman, Frank Mba has now updated Nigerians with 9 important facts about the newly formed SWAT to avert their fears.
The 9 facts categorized into 2; part A and part B which cover their mandates and restrictions.
Below are the 9 important facts the general public needs to know about the duties and responsibilities of the newly formed SWAT unit;
- No personnel of the defunct SARS will be selected to be part of the new TACTICAL team.
- Operations of the new TACTICAL team will be strictly intelligence-driven.
- Members of the new TACTICAL team will by no means embark on routine patrols.
- Members of the new TACTICAL team are barred from indiscriminate and unlawful search of phones, laptops and other smart gadgets.
- Operatives of the new TACTICAL team must be free of any pending disciplinary matter especially those touching on misuse of firearms and abuse of human rights.