A Nigerian photographer, Kola Onifoto shared his experience with a lecturer who took N200K from his father to get him admitted into Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU).
According to him, The man he identified as Fowowe, reportedly made him spend 7 months on a fake pre-degree course and also stopped him from writing exams with other students.
This happened in 2010.
“My own, a lecturer collected close to 200k from me in 2010 for admission in OAU after spending 7 fake months in pre degree..
Bastard never registered me, I was just attending classes, exam days he will tell me not to go.
Na when pre degree end my eye clear say I don enter one chance..
Points to Note
- The pre degree stuff was advertised on Radio Lagos, me and my dad was listening and after spending 4 years at home and all, my dad said we should give it a try.
- Took the form for N40,000 from the office in radio Lagos Office 317.
- OAU sold the form for N10,000
- After the exams, man told my dad I didn’t pass but he has helped me, that I should come for the pre degree.
- The pre degree fees was paid to his account directly.
- My dad had a fatal accident that year and while still treating his broken arm, in that pains he paid for the fees 130,000N
- Calculate feeding allowance and other expenses in Pre degree school Ipetu Modu for 7 months.
- We were more than 50 students he did this to.
- His wife then was the secretary to the VC
- His name is Fowowe..
He called me January 2016 to beg for forgiveness..
I have not forgiven you o!!!”