In today’s article, we will discuss on how to use Sterling bank Transfer/USSD Code to transfer money, recharge your phone and check your bank balance on your mobile device with or without internet | Android, iOS, Windows etc.
With this USSD, you will save yourself from the stress of going to the Bank or ATM to transfer money.
How To Setup/Register With Sterling Bank Transfer/USSD Code
To register, Ensure you dial the code using the phone number linked to your Sterling bank account
Dial *822*1# and follow the on-screen instructions.
You need to enter your account number.
Choose a 4 digit PIN which shall be used to authenticate transactions.
Note: they might require the last four digit at the front of your ATM card.
How To reset your pin
Dial *822# on the phone number you use to open your Sterling Bank Account (or where you receive your alert) , then press 1 to reset your pin (This can only happen after you have registered)
How to send money using Sterling Bank Transfer Code
- To transfer money to another Sterling Bank account dial *822*4*AMOUNT*NUBAN#
- To send money to non-Sterling bank accounts (other Bank accounts in Nigeria) dial *822*5*AMOUNT*NUBAN#
- If you’re sending to other banks, you need to select the Bank of the recipient from the list you see before you can continue with your transaction.
- Confirm if the full name of the recipient corresponds with what you have in mind.
- Enter your USSD banking PIN or the last 4 digits on your ATM MasterCard to confirm your transfer.
- You will receive a debit alert from Sterling bank confirming your transfer.
NOTE: The daily cumulative limit while using Sterling Bank USSD transfer code is 100,000 naira. The per transaction limit, on the other hand, is 50,000 naira only.
How To Buy Airtime To Other Lines From Your Sterling Bank
Simply dial *822*Amount*Mobile-Number# from your mobile line that is registered with the bank. eg; dial *822*500*08073087445# to purchase 500 NGN credits to that particular phone number.
NOTE: You can only recharge a maximum of 2000 NGN at a time
How To Check Your Bank Account Balance Using Sterling Bank USSD Code
To check your Sterling bank balance via USSD banking, simply dial *833*6*Account Number# and follow the on-screen command to see your balance.