According to reports, 15 persons have been killed and about 17 other left unconscious after inhaling generator fume while attending a marriage ceremony, over the weekend in Umuomumu Mbieri, Imo State.
It was gathered that the victims, who were majorly visitors from Anambra State, were said to have decided to pass the night in a house provided by the celebrants.
At night, a generator was powered on for them and was placed in the kitchen, while the doors and windows of their rooms were locked.
This result in the death of some of them.
Reacting to sad incident on social media, some Nigerian blamed the erratic power supply across the country while some blamed the occupants of the building for being ignorant of the dangerous effect of fume from the generator on the health.
May their souls rest in Peace!