Recently, a lady named Najila Trindade accused Brazil football star, Neymar of raping her at a hotel in Paris on 15 May.
According to reports, Ms Trindade filed the allegation last Friday, telling a Brazilian TV channel she wanted justice.
Speaking about how the incident happened, Ms Trindade, who is also from Brazil, says she met Neymar on Instagram.
According to her, she had been attracted to the footballer and had wanted to have sex with him adding that she had been flown to Paris and put up in a hotel at his expense but when she met Neymar, she said he was “aggressive, totally different than the boy that I got to know through the messages”.
She said that initially she had prepared for consensual sex but had demanded the use of a condom. Neymar refused, become aggressive again and raped her.
She added that she had told him to stop but he had refused. She described the incident as “an assault together with rape”.
Reacting to the report, credit card company, MasterCard suspended an advertising campaign with Neymar adding that they would stop using images of the star until the situation was resolved.
Now, Neymar who is still on crutches after having sustained an injury to his right ankle visited the police station and denied the accusation labelled against him.
His lawyer, Maira Fernandes, told Reuters news agency:
“Neymar has just given a statement. He made the point of coming as soon as he could to give a statement, to clarify everything that needed to be clarified.
“We are absolutely confident that we will prove the innocence of our client… The process was thorough but he provided all the clarifications that were to be provided.”
Speaking at the door of the police station, Neymar said:
“I appreciate the support and all the messages that the world has sent, my friends, my fans, that the world is with me. I want to say thank you for the well wishes, and say that I have felt very loved.”
— SBT Jornalismo (@sbtjornalismo) June 5, 2019