Former US First lady, Michelle Obama is hitting the road to promote her new memoir, ‘Becoming ‘.
She’s planned a 13-stop tour that includes a single stop in the United Kingdom. That event will be held at Southbank Centre.
Publishers Penguin Random House will be hosting the former US first lady which will see her in conversation with best-selling author Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie.
An advocate of young people and access to education, Obama will be donating 300 free tickets to secondary school pupils from across the UK and some local charities.
The venue seats just over 2,700 people and all audience members will receive a hardback copy of Obama’s highly anticipated book Becoming.
The memoir charts Obama’s rise from the South Side of Chicago to her role in the White House. It features her reflections on both her triumphs and her disappointments, as well as the lessons she has learned along the way.
The event which takes place on Monday December 3 is set to be a sell out.
Want to be at Michelle Obama’s London book tour stop? Here’s what you need to know.
Michelle Obama Book tour dates
Michelle Obama will be going on tour to promote her new memoir, ‘Becoming’. Most of the tour will take place in the United States, though she has one appearance scheduled for the United Kingdom.
The former First Lady’s schedule is as follows:
- November 13 — Chicago, Illinois at United Center
- November 15 — Los Angeles, California at The Forum
- November 17 — Washington, DC at Capital One Arena
- November 24 — Boston, Massachusetts at TD Garden
- November 25 — Washington, DC at Capital One Arena
- November 29 — Philadelphia, Pennsylvania at Wells Fargo Center
- December 1 — Brooklyn, New York at Barclays Center
- December 3 — London, England at Southbank Centre
- December 11 — Denver, Colorago at Pepsi Centre Arena
- December 14 — San Jose, California at SAP Center
- December 17 — Dallas, Texas at American Airlines Center
- December 19 — Brooklyn, New York at Barclays Center
Michelle Obama book tour guests
Michelle Obama will be bringing a special guest out at each of her book tour dates. She has a number of high profile guests on her roster for the tour.
- November 13 — Oprah Winfrey
- November 15 — Tracee Ellis Ross
- November 17 — Valerie Jarrett
- November 24 — Michelle Norris
- November 25 — Elizabeth Alexander
- November 29 — Phoebe Robinson
- December 1 — Elizabeth Alexander
- December 3 — Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- December 11 — Reese Witherspoon
- December 14 — Michele Norris
- December 17 — Valerie Jarrett
- December 19 — Sarah Jessica Parker
Michelle Obama Southbank Centre tickets
Tickets to see Michelle Obama at Southbank Centre go on sale Thursday, November 8 at 10am GMT. They’ll cost between £30 and £125.
You can get them here.
Michelle Obama book
Michelle Obama’s book, ‘Becoming’, is all about her life from childhood through her time in the White House with husband Barack Obama when he was President. The book is the second she’s written.
When you purchase tickets to her tour, you’ll get a hardcover copy of her book.